5 Questions Regarding Car Windows Tints Installation
- 17 Views
- March 31, 2023
If you’re planning to tint your car windows, you will have many questions in your mind like which car window tint film to choose and how long does car window tint last? Keep reading to know the answers to the most asked questions related to car window tinting installation.
How to choose a car window tint shop?
When you decide to tint your vehicle’s windows, the first thing you would want to know is which shop to choose. You would want the best service, but how to find the shop that provides the best service? Use these tips:
- Look around you and ask people who have their car’s windows tinted. They will have their good and bad experiences and you can select the shop that they found to be excellent and avoid the auto shops which provided bad service.
- Read online reviews about your local car window tint shops. People openly their opinions about local services so take benefit from it.
- Visit a few shops in person because this will be the main method of determining what services the shop is offering and its packages. Look for tint packages, warranties, samples of previous work, and other things.
Which type of tint film is the best for me?
There are multiple types of car glass tint films in the market so you should do some research or ask the tint shop you selected to know about them. We’ll tell you briefly about the major types of car window tints.
- Dyed tints: These tint films are used for privacy and changing the appearance of your vehicle only. They don’t protect you or your car from UV rays and heat or have a limited capability to do so.
- Metalized tints: Metalized car window tints have metal microparticles. They can reflect sun rays and don’t absorb them. Moreover, they are scratch resistant and make your windows stronger so windows are less likely to shatter on impact. However, metal particles in these tints interfere with radio and cellular signals reducing wireless signals of all sorts when you’re inside your car that is tinted with metalized tints.
- Carbon tints: They are made with carbon fiber particles and are considered better than the above two tints in blocking sun rays. Moreover, they provide insulation as well and keep heat out of your car in summer. On the downside, carbon tints are expensive.
- Ceramic tints: These tints can block 99% of UV rays that no other type of tints can. They also offer excellent insulation and don’t let the outside weather impact the inside of the car. They also make windows shatterproof. However, ceramic tints have a high price tag.
How long will be tinting job take?
It also depends on how many windows you want to be tinted. Expect at least one hour if you want to tint only the front two windows and many hours for tinting all the windows of your vehicle.
However, this is the time taken for tinting your car windows. If a car shop has many customers, they may ask for 24 hours to complete the job.
How long will the tint last?
This depends on the type and quality of tint you choose. Standard car window tints can last up to 5 years whereas high-quality window tints can keep your car protected from UV rays for 10 years.
Other than the type and quality, the lifespan of car window tints also depends on who installed them and how you maintain them. If the installation wasn’t perfect, even high-quality tints will fade or peel offer much sooner. Similarly, using harsh cleaners and scratching the films will reduce their lifespan.
What is the darkest tint percentage I can get?
Different states have different laws regarding the darkest tint for car windows. You can check with the tint shop to know about the darkest legal tint you can get in your state. However, if you want to be safe, you should get 50% VLT for all the windows.
Installing tints on your car windows can protect you from UV rays and also reduce heat from affecting the interior of your car. Find a good auto tint shop Springfield for selecting a tint film for your car and get tints installed on your car windows.