Pick The Right Hair Color That Suits You
Applying a hair color is just one of the many life-changing elements a person can do in order to enhance their looks and express their feelings. The decision making whether you are to wear brown, red, blonde, or brunette could be the hardest choice you have ever made in your entire life, but the professional hair salons in your area can help decide for you.
The Decision-Making Factors
You don’t just pick a color to be applied to your hair, you have to understand first the nuances of tone which can affect how you choose a hair color. But once you get a grasp of the pointers in choosing the right hues for you it will no longer be difficult for you in the future. Basically, what you need to consider is the placement, saturation, and what compliments your skin tone. So the decision now which you and your stylist have to make is what color will showcase your face.
With the basic knowledge about what cool tones and warm tones are and understanding deeper what your skin color is, deciding the right hair color will no longer be an overwhelming scenario.
Choosing A Hair Color Based On Your Complexion
There are three categories a skin tone can fall under:
Warm, Cool, and Neutral.
Here are some tips to find out where your undertone belongs.
- Look for specific shades.
To determine your undertone here’s what you can do:
Look at the veins inside your wrist. Do you see them as blue or green? If them to be more bluish, you’re likely under the cool undertones. But if your veins look more greenish, you belong to the warm undertones.
Now, if you are neither blue or green, you could be neutral.
- Cool-toned skin (pink, red or bluish undertones)
- Warm-toned skin (yellow, peachy, golden undertones)
- Match yourself with a celebrity.
If you are looking for an outstanding color-influence, scout for people or celebrities which as the same skin and eye color as yours. It will give you a better vision of specific hair color will look on you.
- It can also be determined in your eyes.
The specks in your eyes can speak on your behalf.
If you have a lot of gold specks, you could be under a warm undertone. While if you have more blues and greens in your eyes, then you are probably under a cool undertone.
The Various Hair Colors
- Palette: ash, sand, beige, platinum, ice, silver, champagne.
- Best for: This shade is perfect on porcelain-skinned girls who has reddish undertones. If you have a gray or blue eyes, the cool, ashy blonde will look good too.
- Palette: butterscotch, amber, gold, honey, caramel
- Best for: Those with fair-colored skin that has cool undertones will look glamorous with warm tones such as copper, honey, gold, and strawberry blonde. These colors can also blend well with olive skin, but if you wanted a lighter hue, caramel blond will make you look stunning.
Those with warm skin should fend off any shades that are too yellowish, you should stick with cooler blonds.
- Palette: dark auburn, burgundy, true red
- Best for: The red shade is actually perfect on people with pale skin, it makes them glow more. On the other hand, those with peachy and warm complexions can flaunt their skin better with cooler, auburn reds.
Just a reminder to olive-toned girls to avoid going red because it can cause your skin to look much greener in contrast.
- Palette: russet, strawberry blonde, rust, copper, blond
- Best for: neutral and fair skin tones will look amazing on strawberry blondes. A cooler, brown-tinged auburn can make any deep skin look green.
- Palette: mocha, chestnut, dark chocolate, dark auburn
- Best for: generally, you will never go wrong with brown shades, however, cooler tones will look dashing on those with warm skin and it can also make yellow-toned looks creamier. Those with deeper skin, trying deep, mocha brown – with added highlights, can result in a more immaculately, soft effect.
- Palette: cinnamon, honey, caramel, amber, golden brown, mahogany
- Best for: These colors will look great on those with medium skin, though you also have to choose a shade that is in contrast with your skin tone. The caramel brown will blend well with skin tones lighter than olive but has more yellow and green.
- Palette: brown-black, dark mocha
- Best for: Those with deep skin will fit great on cool blacks while adding a bit chocolaty tone can make it more flattering. While those with fair, cool skin who wanted a darker shade should pick a color in the tonal range.
With all the tips mentioned, you should be able to pick a better hair color now. The hair salons specializing in color Rockville can help apply the shade that you wanted and will make sure that it looks great on your skin tone and will only bring out the best of your character.