Allergies are like the buzzer-beater of life. They attack seasonally or when you least expect it. The worst is when you’re either on a date with friends or partner when in a party with the group, traveling or a corporate-formal engagement. If you are not aware that you have a certain type of allergy or that you are allergic to something a visit to the nearest allergy clinic is the best option for you. Of course, you don’t want to be caught off-guard with allergy attacks. So it’s best that you make yourself aware of your allergens and be given the right treatment to beat them.
Food and Drink Cautious?
Now that you know you’re allergic to something does not mean that you will limit yourself to things that you enjoy doing. In fact, you should continue your life’s routine and never let that allergy stop you. But what if you a party animal who love wine, cocktails and all kinds of party food? What will you do and how will you guard your allergies from ruining your night?
Here are some of the allergy-friendly food and drinks that you can eat, order, and look for in a party which you can enjoy while the night is still young.
Party Drinks: The ‘What To’ and the ‘What Not To’
Wine is one of the best party drinks, there is no question of that. But do you know that histamine and sulfites can also be found in certain wines? A chemical that can worsen your allergens. And YES, they can also be found in red wines, beer, and spirits. Think that the party would be over? Here are your ‘What To’ party beverages that will never spoil you in any parties.
What To Drinks and Brands for You
- Wine lovers should opt for white wines and wines where sulfites are not added.
- If you’re a spirit lover stick with gin, tequila, and vodka (plain). They have less histamine compounds.
- Dry Creek Sauvignon Blanc Quivira – it has a melon and lemon taste that is refreshing, lush and smooth in the mouth.
- Organic Chardonnay Frey Vineyards – it’s fruity taste will sure to match any dish and any event.
- Coturri Winery Carignane – it’s light red and is best when icy-cold or chilled.
- George Benham’s Dry Gin – it has the natural taste of botanical flowers and pepper.
- Pasote Blanco Tequila – a bit citrusy, but is clean and smooth to the taste.
- Organic Vodka – not only that it is made from organic grapes, it is also gluten-free. It’s smooth and tasty effect will satisfy every taste bud.
What Not To:
- Stay away from brown liquor, ciders, and beer because they are all high in histamine and sulfites that will aggravate your allergies.
But if you really wanted to make sure that you will enjoy the event, bailout for a few months from your favorite party beverages until your allergies are completely gone.
Party Food and Dishes
If you’re worried that you might eat what could trigger your allergy or your safe choices are too few, here are the best party munchers that you can pick in a party and which you can serve when you get to host one.
- Fruit – a party regular. You will never go wrong in serving fruits. It’s a winner when on kebab sticks or chocolate fondue fountain with chocolates and lots of fruits.
- Yogurt cups – a dessert that is safe and healthy. Kids would even love it too.
- Custard cups – it’s dairy and should be egg and gluten-free.
- Chicken strips and/or kebabs – with a gluten-free sauce or dip made with natural and organic ingredients, this will sure to be the star of the party.
- Meatballs dish – if it’s egg-free then its good for you.
- Half boiled or freshly chopped veggie salad bar– with dips made from natural ingredients.
Hungry? Then why not try these party dishes and enjoy it with the family. You will no longer worry about your allergies, but will also keep your family safe from possible allergens. Visit your allergist Manassas to be aware of other drinks and food staples that you can have and should avoid while treating your allergies. See, going out with family and friends, no matter how small or big the group is, boosts not only your happiness but it also motivates you to cure your allergies and to easily deal with it.